Dandruff causes and treatments
Dandruff is the dead skin cells of the scalp, where it is a volatile white scales, which may appear on the shoulders as a result of falling from the head. The skin may appear irritated and dry, covered by a layer of these white or yellow scales. This problem occurs as a result of the high temperature. It leads to increased dryness and peeling of the skin, so dandruff is not an infectious disease, but instead, it appears on the person for several reasons. It can be easily treated in most cases, and doctors are only resorted to in advanced or complicated cases. However, dandruff is not harmful in many instances except That their appearance on the head or clothes causes embarrassment to the person. In advanced cases, it may be a decisive factor in hair loss.
Causes of dandruff
The causes of dandruff are numerous, but dermatologists attribute them mainly to the presence of a small fungus called “Malassezia,” which lives in the scalp and is classified as yeasts.
These yeasts are lipophilic, so they are most commonly found in the sebaceous glands on the scalp and cause many skin lesions, especially dandruff.
Apart from this fungus, specialists divide the reasons for the emergence of dandruff into two parts:
- For example, the patient suffers from an allergy to a type of food such as sugars or foods with high-fat content.
- A complication of this allergy may be an itchy scalp and generate dandruff.
- Also, hormonal imbalance may be one of the internal causes of dandruff.
- Vitamin B deficiency and zinc deficiency also cause dandruff to spread.
- Excessive use of hair care products such as dyes, creams, and hairspray may lead to dandruff.
- Also, exposure to extreme weather and irregularity in washing hair leads to an increased incidence of dandruff.
- Some people have an oily scalp and may develop what is called seborrheic dermatitis, which contributes to the spread of dandruff.
- Dehydrated skin is also one of the leading causes of dandruff.
There are a group of natural recipes that will help get rid of dandruff quickly, which we mention in the following points:
- Mixing half a cup of apple cider vinegar with half a cup of water in a spray can, then spray a little of it on the hair and massage the scalp with it, and this is done before washing it for at least a quarter of an hour, and the process can be repeated twice a week for three months.
- Oil the scalp with aloe vera gel, it is instrumental in treatment, and it is applied to the hair before bed and left overnight, then washed in the morning.
- Soak two tablespoons of the fenugreek in a cup of water for a full night, then grind the grains into a paste, and place this paste on the scalp for half an hour, after which the hair is rinsed, and the step can be repeated twice a week for two consecutive weeks.
- It was massaging the scalp with the juice of half a lemon, leaving it for ten minutes, then rinsing it off. Lemon helps balance the pH levels and prevents the emergence of excess oils that cause dandruff.
- Mix a little olive oil with almond oil and massage the mixture into the scalp for 10 minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this recipe three times a week.
- Mix coconut milk with two drops of lemon juice and rub your hair well with the mixture and leave it for half an hour, then wash it with warm water.
- Massage your scalp with rosemary oil well and leave it on for an hour, then wash it off with warm water. Repeat this process twice a week.
- Use special shampoos to treat dandruff and wash daily to prevent dead cells from accumulating.
Methods for preventing dandruff
To prevent dandruff, you should follow the following tips:
- Wash hair twice a week, and do not overuse hair care products.
- Avoid exposing hair to harmful chemicals, especially those found in dyes.
- Do not expose hair to temperature differences.
- Eat healthy foods rich in omega-3 in case the imbalance of fatty acids in the body is the leading cause of dandruff.